Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Entry Level Mechanical Engineer:
van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. is a successful and progressive M/E/P Engineering firm with a main office in Farmington, Connecticut. Due to growth in our business we are currently looking for an employee to join our Team as an Entry Level Mechanical Engineer. Responsibilities will include:
- Technical design on assigned projects.
- Assist in the production of documents (drawings and specifications) for new buildings, renovation
and additions to existing facilities.
- Application of engineering skills in activities such as problem solving, analysis, and design.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university (new or recent graduate with relevant MEP internship experience acceptable).
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Ability to use software (such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD and MS Office) to perform complex
designs and calculations.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Engineering excellence since 1930, van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. has been developing creative solutions to mechanical and electrical engineering problems for clients throughout the United States. Through the integration of architecture and technology, van Zelm designs building infrastructures that improve the quality of life in a way that balances the needs of the individual, society and the environment. van Zelm has been devoted to the planning, design and study of MEP systems for the environment. We
have received recognition for the design excellence in a variety of projects.
van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status (including civil union status), national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, mental retardation, learning disability, present or past history of mental disorder, or physical disability including, but not limited to, blindness, unless it is shown
that such disability prevents performance of the work involved.