Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Perform Mechanical / HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection, Electrical Power / Lighting systems design layouts and CAD / BIM inputting / modeling in the building construction industry based on the direction of the lead engineer focusing on healthcare, commercial, educational and industrial market sectors.
Primary job responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Operation of CAD / BIM software and standards.
- Produce output of CAD / BIM software through AutoLISP scripts, menus and blocks / families.
- Follow firm-wide CAD / BIM Standards, procedures and Dynamo guidelines that conform with national standards, our firm’s culture, and the emerging best practices.
- Attend CAD / BIM meetings and work with engineers and CAD / BIM Manager on CAD / BIM improvements.
- Work with architects to set up architectural backgrounds for use in engineering documentation, such as drawings and models.
- Model and drawing set-up / organization.
- Provide end-user support for plotting and electronic file submissions and serve as resources for project teams.
- Coordinate and analyze REVIT / Navisworks clash detection reports and correct issues.
- Assist lead engineers in design tasks as required.
- Review building M/E/P plans and specifications and BMS O&M manuals to determine existing operating parameters
- Interview facility operations personnel to identify existing building operating modes, and building system and control performance issues
- Analyze options for efficiency improvements based upon record drawings, field observations, and trending
- Develop budget pricing for implementation of operational improvements
- Write reports summarizing results of field evaluations and systems analysis and present recommendations for improvements
- Minimum of High School graduation or equivalent. Technical or Associates Degree in Engineering Technology from an accredited institution or college preferred.
- Experience and basic knowledge of BIM (Building Information Modeling).
- Proficiency with the latest versions of AutoCAD MEP and Autodesk Revit MEP .
- Knowledge of AutoLISP, VBA, Dynamo, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, and a strong work ethic.
- Self starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.