Job Roles and Responsibilities:
van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. is a successful and progressive M/E/P Engineering firm in Farmington, Connecticut. Due to growth in our business we are currently looking for an employee to join our Team as a Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide design and layout expertise to projects as assigned.
- Make and document calculations based on equipment and other job requirements.
- Develop design concepts into working drawings, coordination with Architect, structure and other trades.
- Concurrently work on multiple projects prioritizing tasks based on deadlines and project requirements.
- Work as part of a cross functional team of engineering and designers.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in the Plumbing and Fire Protection field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- REVIT / AutoCAD required.
- Active Professional Engineering License desirable, but not required.
- Experience in the design of building systems in the following areas: Corporate and Institutional; Colleges and Universities; Public and Private Schools; Hospitals; Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Biomedical; Arts and Cultural as well as Historic and Adaptive Reuse.
Engineering excellence since 1930, van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. has been developing creative solutions to mechanical and electrical engineering problems for clients throughout the United States. Through the integration of architecture and technology, van Zelm designs building infrastructures that improve the quality of life in a way that balances the needs of the individual, society and the environment. van Zelm has been devoted to the planning, design and study of MEP systems for the environment. We have received recognition for the design excellence in a variety of projects.
van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status (including civil union status), national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, mental retardation, learning disability, present or past history of mental disorder, or physical disability including, but not limited to, blindness, unless it is shown that such disability prevents performance of the work involved.