Job Roles and Responsibilities:
van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. is a successful and progressive M/E/P Engineering firm with a main office in Farmington, Connecticut. Due to growth in our business we are currently looking for an employee to join our Team as a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer. Responsibilities will include
- Assist in overseeing the design process and/or serve as a technical expert/support.
- Assist in project management as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of codes enforceable for projects and be responsible for research and interpretation when dealing with unfamiliar areas.
- Research and evaluate specific solutions to highly technical/complex design problems.
- Visit project sites to interface with clients and collect data.
- Attend meetings both at office and at client facilities.
- Provide quality control review of mechanical documents.
- Supervise and mentor less experienced staff.
- Concurrently work on multiple projects prioritizing tasks based on deadlines and project requirements.
- Work as part of a cross functional team of engineering and designers.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 8+ years’ experience.
- Active Connecticut P.E. and/or Massachusetts P.E. preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with industry standards and codes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the design of building systems in the following areas: Corporate and Institutional; Colleges and Universities; Public and Private Schools; Hospitals; Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Biomedical; Arts and Cultural as well as Historic and Adaptive Reuse.
Looking for candidates for any of our 3 locations in CT, MA & NC
Engineering excellence since 1930, van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. has been developing creative solutions to mechanical and electrical engineering problems for clients throughout the United States. Through the integration of architecture and technology, van Zelm designs building infrastructures that improve the quality of life in a way that balances the needs of the individual, society and the environment. van Zelm has been devoted to the planning, design and study of MEP systems for the environment. We have received recognition for the design excellence in a variety of projects.
van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status (including civil union status), national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, mental retardation, learning disability, present or past history of mental disorder, or physical disability including, but not limited to, blindness, unless it is shown that such disability prevents performance of the work involved.