van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. is a successful and progressive MEP Engineering firm in Farmington, Connecticut. We are currently looking for quality and dedicated employees to join our Team. Due to growth in our business we have the following position available:
BIM & CAD MEP Drafter / Modeler: With 1+ years’ experience in an MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Technology, Plumbing & Fire Protection) environment with at least 1 year in Revit MEP experience.
Job Roles and Responsibilities: Perform Mechanical / HVAC; Plumbing and Fire Protection; and Electrical Power / Lighting systems design layouts and BIM / CAD drafting & modeling in the building construction industry based on the direction of the lead engineer focusing on healthcare, commercial, educational and industrial market sectors.
Primary job responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Produce BIM & CAD documents through commands, menus and blocks.
- Follow firm standards, procedures and guidelines that conform with national standards, our firm’s culture, and the emerging best practices.
- Attend BIM & CAD meetings and work with engineers and BIM & CAD Managers on BIM & CAD improvements.
- Work with architects to set up architectural backgrounds for use in engineering documentation, such as drawings.
- Assist in model / drawing set-up and organization.
- Aid in end-user support for plotting / electronic file submissions and serve as resources for project teams.
- Assist engineers in design tasks as required.
- Minimum of High School graduation or equivalent. Technical or Associates Degree in CAD Technology from an accredited institution or college preferred.
- Experience and basic knowledge of BIM (Building Information Modeling).
- Proficiency with the latest versions of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Knowledge of LISP, VBA, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office products and Dynamo is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, and a strong work ethic.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced team based environment.
Engineering excellence since 1930, van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. has been developing creative solutions to mechanical and electrical engineering problems for clients throughout the United States. Through the integration of architecture and technology, van Zelm designs building infrastructures that improve the quality of life in a way that balances the needs of the individual, society and the environment. van Zelm has been devoted to the planning, design and study of MEP systems for the environment. We have received recognition for the design excellence in a variety of projects.
van Zelm Heywood & Shadford, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status (including civil union status), national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, mental retardation, learning disability, present or past history of mental disorder, or physical disability including, but not limited to, blindness, unless it is shown that such disability prevents performance of the work involved.
Job Type: Full-time
- Farmington, CT
- High school or equivalent
- Revit in a MEP Environment: 1 year
- AutoCAD in a MEP Environment: 2 years