The Wesleyan Squash Building Renovation project involved the conversion of the historic Squash Building originally constructed in the 1920s into a state-of-the-art academic classroom and office facility. Idle since 2005, this restoration/renovation-expansion of the University’s 1934 Squash Building repurposes a historic McKim, Mead & White building as an academic space creating new campus connections. The project was designed to the highest standards of sustainability and represents Connecticut’s first LEED Platinum-certified project.
Boger Hall provides 210,000 SF of faculty office, meeting space, libraries, classrooms, and seminar rooms for the College of Letters, Art History, and the Career Resource Center. Program elements include classrooms, offices, computer laboratories, conference spaces, lounges, toilet rooms and support spaces. The project included high efficiency envelope insulation and glazing a dedicated outside air system with enthalpy wheel heat recovery chilled beams for space heating and cooling occupancy-based control of HVAC and lighting and daylight dimming of all lighting near the building exterior.
This project is a wonderful example for sustainability via redevelopment of an existing historic building